Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First day of Kindergarten!

Just a few short years ago my little boy looked like this....



And now that little boy has hit a milestone in his life. He went to school for the first time on Monday! This is a picture of him all ready to go... Batman packpack loaded with supplies; lunch packed with his request- ham sandwich, carrots and chocolate milk; and new school clothes. He has been so excited for all of these things!


I have had all of the feelings that a first-time school parent has. Anticipation for what is ahead but also melancholy that childhood seems to go by so fast. I am excited for this new phase in his life...I just hope that he always remembers that he can still need his mom sometimes.

11 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh, it does pass by so fast. He looks so handsome! He takes a lunch? Do they have all day kindergarten?

Amber said...

Time goes by way too fast! I think every mother experiences what you did when you sent your little guy off to school. I know I still do...

Whitney and Kyra said...

what a big boy! so how much did ya cry? i know when ethan hits that mark he'll have to make me leave so he can go to class.

Amber said...

btw.. I have clear jel if you would like to get some from me.. it comes in a 25 pound bag and I know I wont use it all before it expires! WAY cheaper than pectin or cornstarch. Just let me know! And the 6 c of sugar is just right...

Holly said...

I'm already having those feelings and Ethan still has another year until kindergarten! Some days I can hardly wait for him to go and others I can't believe he'll be starting school next year!

NEILANDSHALON said...

AMBER-- I LOVE CATCHING UP ON YOUR BLOG!! YOU HAVE SUCH A DARLING FAMILY AND ARE ALWAYS DOING SOMETHING EXCITING!!! I LOVE IT!!!

RyanSarahN said...

so cute, love the baby to big boy pic. goes so fast. congrats. I got the towels for Cora's hooded towel at Shopko, there were on sale but I think they carry them regularly, still pretty cheap. :)

Mindy said...

Omigosh! I still thin of Brecken as 2 years old. I can't believe you have a kindergartener! He is so cute! I was looking at the rest of your blog and catching up and I love the pictures on the horses and how Alainey gets so excited when she sees them. Jack loves horses too. I think it is so adorable! And I love the buried in the sand picture. You guys look so happy!

Brynn said...

Amber! We miss you guys a lot! In fact, I swear I see layne EVERYWHERE! I am always saying "look rick, doesn't that look like layne campbell??" Hope you are all doing well!

Ashley Reno said...

Amber-I am doing so much better. Turns out it really was strep. The office called me on Tuesday and said the strep test from the lab came back positive. It took a while for the antibiotic to kick in but I am doing so much better. I am so glad that I didn't have an abscess. Your family is adorable. Hopefully next time I see you guys I can actually visit. :)

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

That went fast!! He looks so cute!