Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our little Brooke

I am finally getting around to doing a post on our new baby, Brooke! She was born October 28, 2010, 8lb 14oz, 21 inches long. She is now almost five months old already and just a super sweet little baby. We couldn't love her more!

Brooke is always quick to give us big smiles! Her siblings love that she responds to them now and those smiles also melt her daddy's heart.

Her proud siblings! They couldn't wait to come see her at the hospital and didn't want to leave her or mom when it came time to go. They each made her a cute picture and wore big brother and big sister necklaces that they had made also. It made me so happy to see how much they adored her!


Look at this tight knot in her cord! My doctor called her our little miracle baby, saying also that sometimes with knots that tight the outcome isn't always positive. She had a really fast heartbeat inside of me and this knot explains why. Her delivery was very quick which was a blessing to her and me! I am so grateful our Heavenly Father looked after her and blessed her to be here. I still cry every time I think about this blessing.


Brooke, 2 days old. It is amazing how she has changed!

5 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

Ya, you are a slacker!
She is so cute, I see a mix of her sisters in her. That was an impressive knot!

Ashlee said...

Amber that comment about Brooke being your miracle and that it still makes you cry was so tender. I love her!

Hodges Family said...

I can't believe my eyes! I am still in shock that you updated your blog! What a cutie! you should come back to visit so she can meet her friend Kennedy!

Holly said...

FINALLY! I'm glad you updated, what a sweet little baby! And glad to hear everything worked out well-what a scary thought that she had a knot in the cord. I can't believe how big Alainey has gotten, I didn't recognize her! Hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying the nice California weather!

NEILANDSHALON said...

CONGRATULATIONS AMBER!!! BROOKE IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! =)