Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter is Here!



Monday morning I woke up bright and early to put out our garbage (yes, the garbage truck comes at 6:45, bless their hearts), opened up our garage and stepped out onto some white icy stuff with my bare toes. A little surprised, but I proceeded to drag the garbage bags out onto the sidewalk, barefeet and all...who wants to take time to go back inside for shoes?....Besides, growing up in Cedar City gave me an appreciation for snow...it might as well snow if it's going to be super cold, right? Anyway, Haylee woke up at 7:30, looked out the window, and said "MOM, CHECK IT OUT, SNOW! HOW FUN, NOW WE CAN GO OUT AND EAT IT AND STUFF." She tried to talk me into letting her go right outside but I held her off until about 8:30. Brecken was super excited as well and headed straight outside after some pancakes. He wasn't going to skip out on breakfast like his sister tried to do. The most exciting part for him was jumping on the icy trampoline, trying not to slip and fall and get all wet! Oh how I remember those childhood days!

1 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh, it makes me cold just looking at those pictures. Without kids we have been stingy with the heat so Im wrapped here in two blankets looking at your snow and its making me shiver! Bare toes...seriously your crazy!

Dont worry about Thanksgiving, I totally know how it is when family gets together. John and I thought of stopping by when we were in Cedar but we left Cedar by 6 am and Im sure you wouldnt have wanted us knocking on the door before that!

Hope your having fun getting ready for the holidays! Talk to you soon!