Last week we took Haylee to the allergist, or as she calls it, the "peanut butter and jelly" doctor. This visit was just a yearly check-up to see if she still has an allergy to peanuts and to refill prescriptions. In order to test her, the nurse applied drops of each highly allergenic foods on her back to see which ones she would react to. She had a significant reaction to peanuts, which meant that for 10 minutes I had to do all I could to keep her from touching her back. I turned into quite the silly mom, doing all I could to take her mind off her 'mosquito' bites on her back. I was so proud of Haylee..she was my brave little girl! Before coming to this appointment I had a small hope that she might have grown out of this allergy. We have sure tried our hardest to keep her away from peanuts. But according to the allergist most kids will not grow out of it. Haylee is so smart and she knows to check foods and tell other people that she has a peanut allergy. She got to pick out a fancy new ring at the allergist and she couldn't wait to come home and show her daddy!
Friday, April 3, 2009
"Peanut Butter and Jelly" Doctor
Posted by
Campbell Family
at
Friday, April 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Love that Picture of her! The Peanut butter and Jelly Doctor Sounds like Fun!
she is so cute and smart for her age! it is not fun getting tested! i was there when I was 8 years old and it was not a pleasant time! thank you for everything!!
She always checks whenever she eats at my house. We had pizza and she asked if I put peanuts in it! A smart girl for sure.
Wow! She really looks so much more mature, even from when we last saw you guys. Sorry about the Peanut butter and jelly Dr! Calebs going to be retested this summer but Im about 100% sure he wont have outgrown his allergy either! Im telling you they are perfect for each other!!!
It's no fun to have allergies but that's great that she knows to check and be careful. Girls night was fun, we'll have to do that again...and next time I'll make sure the ice cream isn't melted :)
I love that she calls him the Peanut Butter and Jelly doctor. But what a bummer to have a peanut allergy! I ate peanut products all through my pregnancy and have continued to while nursing despite my allergist telling me to avoid them. I tried at first, but I LOVE peanut butter. So I was super grouchy when everyone else was eating them. I'm going to feel so guilty if Jack has a peanut allergy. Selfish mommy!
Post a Comment